The Station Calitzdorp
About The Station Calitzdorp
The Station Calitzdorp is nestled between the vines of the amazing De Krans Cellars and an actual krantz.
This unique venue offers the traveller an idyllic space to rest and then venture forth to explore colourful Calitzdorp.
We offer self-catering campsites with electricity, water, and braai areas, caravan stands, and spacious Safari-style permanent tents with hotel quality beds and crisp white linen - sharing modern ablution facilities. Here one also has the opportunity to overnight in a quaint, converted heritage ticket office. The Station offers accommodation to suit all pockets. It has the facilities for hosting a variety of functions, weddings, weekend workshops, and birthday parties. Lounge in our licensed bar area or on the stoep, whilst enjoying your favourite tipple or ice-cold beer to quench your thirst.
The Station is five minutes walk from Calitzdorp centre, the Port Wine Capital of South Africa. it is an idyllic spot for campers, caravanners and bikers. The "dorp" has a wide variety of must-visit restaurants and lovely cellars for wine tasting weekends.
Ideally located the historic ticket office and loading shed, with its sprung wooden floors, is an excellent choice for those searching for a country functions venue, having hosted film shoots, Art on Track, weddings, and the 2009 and 2011 Port Wine Festival.
All persons, whether guest, visitor or resident, entering the Calitzdorp Station premises (Erf 1582) or using any amenities or facilities, do so entirely at their own risk and subject to the following conditions:
1. Calitzdorp Station / The Station (Erf 1582) is private property and the owners/ managers reserve the right to refuse permission... All persons, whether guest, visitor or resident, entering the Calitzdorp Station premises (Erf 1582) or using any amenities or facilities, do so entirely at their own risk and subject to the following conditions:
1. Calitzdorp Station / The Station (Erf 1582) is private property and the owners/ managers reserve the right to refuse permission of entry to any person.
2. The owners of Calitzdorp Station / The Station (Erf 1582) and/or the managers of the premises, amenities and facilities and their employees, agents and representatives do not accept any liability whatsoever for any personal injury, death of any person or pet, or the loss or destruction or damage to any property, whether arising from fire, theft, Act of God, natural disaster, malfunction of equipment or appliance of the owner, managers or their employees, or any other cause whatsoever, and by whomsoever, whether or not caused or have arisen from the negligence or gross negligence or wrongful acts or omissions of the owners, and /or their employees, agents and representatives.
3. Any person who signs the registration/booking form and is or will be accompanied by, or is or will be visited by any other person, indemnifies the Owner/managers from any responsibility towards any other person described as above.
4. Damages: The owners of Calitzdorp station / The Station (Erf 1582) and/ or the manager of the premises, reserve the right to charge any guest, visitor or resident fr any damages to or breakages of fixed or movable property, or to any flora within the boundary of Erf 1582 Calitzdorp.
5. Music: No personal music is to be played.
6. Bookings and cancellations: In the event of cancellation, if notice is received 60 days or more before the date of arrival, 25% of the full booking fee is payable. If notice is received 59 days or less , before the date of arrival, 50% of the full booking fee is payable. To confirm a booking 50% of the booking fee is required with the balance payable on arrival.
Stay between 06 Jan 2022 and 06 Mar 2022 and get 10% off.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 06 Jan 2022 and 06 Mar 2022)
The Station Calitzdorp Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling