About Al Marrakesh
Al Marrakesh Guest House is situated in the heart of the seaside town of Ballito, on South Africa’s Dolphin coast, within 1km of the main beaches, shops and restaurants. This serene, family establishment intertwines the Middle Eastern and African cultures through a unique Moroccon décor which makes for a relaxing stay.Rates start @ R500 per/adult sharing and R200 per child in a spacious, executive/honeymoon suite with a king size bed; two fully equipped self-catering family suites and three standard en suites with queen size beds.Facilities offered in all suites are air conditioning, a private garden entrance, en suite bathroom, complimentary hospitality tray, hypo allergenic douvets, Egyptian cotton linen, a bar fridge, fan, safe, LCD TV with DVD player and either DSTV or an in house library of movies. A braai facility, swimming pool and secure parking is also availableBeyond Al Marrakesh, you’ll discover beautiful golden beaches on which to stroll, rock pools for fishing, and the Indian Ocean’s warm waters where you can enjoy a good swim, or try your hand at surfing and body boarding. You might even spot a Bottlenose dolphin, which frequent this coast. We have procedures in place regarding COVID-19
Conference Venues: Al Marrakesh offers the ideal setting for small conferences and meetings, with packages that are tailor-made to suit each client’s needs.
Family friendly: Our self-catering units have facilities for children to sleep close to the parents. There's a shallow pool with a wide top step for toddlers to stand and swim around on together with Mom or Dad.
Romantic: The perfect getaway to reconnect with the special person in your life. Guests are welcomed in a warm, tranquil environment and enjoy world-class hospitality with its Moroccan inspired decor and setting!
Covid Safety Approved: We pledge to implement a high standard of hygiene and cleaning protocols to ensure the safest environment possible for our guests. We adhere to the industry safety protocols set out by the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA).
Terms and Conditions of Stay (errors and omissions shall apply)
ADMINISTRATION AND FEES
1. Office Hours of Al Marrakesh Guest House are from 7.30 am to 5 pm daily.
2. Rates are quoted per guest, single or sharing, excluding breakfast, with check in at 14h00 and check out at 10h00. Although guests will be allocated to a specific... Terms and Conditions of Stay (errors and omissions shall apply)
ADMINISTRATION AND FEES
1. Office Hours of Al Marrakesh Guest House are from 7.30 am to 5 pm daily.
2. Rates are quoted per guest, single or sharing, excluding breakfast, with check in at 14h00 and check out at 10h00. Although guests will be allocated to a specific Room Type, allocation to a named room, within a Room Type is not guaranteed.
3. Breakfast may be ordered before 10h00 on the preceding day, at an additional fee.
4. A reservation is confirmed upon acceptance of a 50% deposit prior to the given expiry date, and settlement of the balance is due in the 30 days before check in.
5. Payment shall be deemed to have been received, when bank clearance is complete.
6. Only registered, paying guests are permitted on the premises.
7. All guests are required to lodge copies of identification at reception upon check in, failing which access to Al Marrakesh Guest House may be denied.
8. The guest in whose name the booking and payment is made, shall be present upon check in and throughout the reservation.
9. The reservation is not transferrable. Al Marrakesh Guest House reserves the right to refuse access to guests or ask guests to leave, without a refund, should the guest, in whose name the booking and payment is made, not be present.
10. A dedicated guest shall be responsible to accept and return all loan items and to replace and / or reimburse the cost of, lost and / or damaged items and / or property, prior to check out.
11. Non-paying guests are not permitted on the premises of Al Marrakesh Guest House without pre-authorization from management within office hours, failing which the guest shall return the remote control to Management, whereupon subsequent entry and exit of guests shall be supervised by staff.
12. A surcharge is due and payable for additional guest/(s) remaining on the premises after 20h00.
13. A surcharge is due for early check in and / or late checkout.
14. Items or services procured from the Guest House shall be settled in full prior to check out and / or upon presentation of an invoice.
DEPOSIT AND CANCELATION POLICY
1. The guest will be charged a deposit after reservation and the remaining amount in the 30 days before arrival.
2. All reservations shall automatically expire and the cancelation policy apply unless proof of payment is received by Al Marrakesh prior to the given expiry date or, in the absence thereof, within 24 hours of booking.
3. The guest will be charged 50% of the total price if they cancel after reservation and the total price if they cancel in the 30 days before arrival. The room will be held for one night in the event of a no show. An admin fee of R250 is applicable for processing cancellations.
4. Failure to pay the requested Breakage Deposit (where applicable) within the given Payment Deadline will result in automatic cancelation of the reservation and forfeit of all payments.
BREAKAGE DEPOSIT: ACCOMMODATION OF YOUNG ADULTS &/OR PETS
1. The parents of young adults and / or owners of animals are responsible to pay all costs to replace all damaged and / or missing property and / or items owned by Al Marrakesh Guest House.
2. Dependant on the room type, a Breakage Deposit of R5,000 to R8,000 per room is payable by electronic funds transfer, 7 days or more prior to check in, for accommodation of young adults without parental supervision and / or animals, together with pre-authorization that Al Marrakesh Guest House deduct the cost of lost and / or damaged goods and / or property of Al Marrakesh Guest House from the Breakage Deposit.
3. In the event that the Breakage Deposit is not paid by the given deadline, the reservation shall automatically expire and the guest shall forfeit all payments made to date.
4. Al Marrakesh Guest House requires owners to take responsibility for their animals and a parent or guardian to take responsibility for young adults during their accommodation at Al Marrakesh Guest House and lodge their ID and contact details with the Establishment.
5. It is the policy of Al Marrakesh Guest House to host young adults of opposite gender in separate rooms, unless they are accompanied by their parents or are family members.
SECURITY AND KEY SETS
1. A dedicated Guest shall be responsible for the issued Key Set and may not, under any circumstance, give the Key Set to a third party, not checked into the applicable Guest Room.
2. A lost or damaged Key Set poses a security risk, requires intervention by specialists, and shall incur a replacement fee of ZAR 1,000.00.
3. Upon exiting and vacating a Guest Room the dedicated Guest is responsible to activate the security alarm on the exterior door with the Guest Room Security Key and upon returning, deactivate the system using the same.
4. Repeated activation by Guests of the security alarm system is disruptive, inconvenient and a security risk and shall lead to either (a) immediate termination of the guest’s stay without a refund or (b) the guest shall return the remote control to Management, whereupon subsequent entry and exit of guess shall be supervised by staff.
5. A R300 fine shall be charged upon repeated activation by Guests of the security alarm system.
1. Insurance cover for Guests and their personal effects is not provided by Al Marrakesh Guest House and visitors are encouraged to ensure adequate cover is in place for all eventualities prior to their arrival.
2. No smoking is permitted indoors.
3. Linen and bath towels are allocated to each Guest Room for use in such unit only and are not to be used at the pool, beach, or otherwise off site.
4. In consideration of other guests, noise levels shall be kept to a minimum after 20:00 and any authorized non-paying visitor shall leave the premises by 18:00; failing which a surcharge shall apply.
5. Interaction with resident monkeys is actively discouraged and Al Marrakesh Guest House does not accept liability for incidents arising from their presence on the property. Guidelines are given in this regard in the House Guide.
6. Self-catering is limited to the units named Hadika and Al Bahar where consumables are provided by, and for consumption of, the guests registered in the applicable self-catering unit.
7. Food items shall NOT be cooked in Guest Rooms, other than the self-catering units named Hadika and Al Bahar, and shall be stored hygienically in sealed containers and / bags, in quantities that fit into the fridge and storage unit provided in the kitchenette.
8. All personal belongings shall be kept neat and tidy if in public view and shall not be left unsupervised in public areas.
9. Air conditioning is provided in all guest rooms for the purpose of cooling during the warm summer months and shall not be set below a minimum of 20°c. The windows and doors should be kept close whilst the air conditioner is running. A temperature setting below 20°c or open windows and door may result in tripping or a freezing and eventual breakdown of the plant. If the AC plant malfunctions due to the negligence of the guest or failure to comply with these rules, the guest shall be responsible for the repair and / replacement costs of the plant.
10. In order to conserve energy, air conditioners, water, lights and other electrical power consuming items are to be used in moderation and switched off whilst not actively in use. In the event that the air conditioner is not switched off after vacating a room, this shall be done on behalf of the guest, by the staff. A fee shall be levied in the event of such repeated, unnecessary running of the air conditioning unit.
Pets are only accommodated with special written authorisation, against the following conditions, which shall be signed by the owner;
1. The guest is solely and fully responsible for the safety of the pet/(s) at all times
2. The owner and / or staff of Al Marrakesh Guest House are not liable for the pet/(s)
3. The pet/(s) shall remain on a leash in public areas
4. The pet’(s) shall not be left unattended on the property
5. The pet/(s) shall not get on the beds and / or mess on the linen
6. The guest shall dispose of any mess made by the dogs, on the property
7. The dogs shall not yap or bark on the property
8. The guest shall pay a R5,000 Breakable Deposit which shall be used to pay for the replacement of any damaged and / or missing items and / or property
Reviews for Al Marrakesh24 guest reviews Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
Al Marrakesh Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling